Re: [vmeet] IETF Island in Second Life

Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu> Wed, 20 January 2010 02:21 UTC

From: Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:20:56 -0500
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa.dusseault@gmail.com>
Cc: vmeet@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [vmeet] IETF Island in Second Life

Not having done much in SL, I'm curious what you see as the principal advantages compared to more boring tools like GoToMeeting and WebEx. Was interaction easier and, if so, how? Did the meeting feel more productive? Beyond seeing some avatars, what capabilities were used?

Can somebody dial in by phone or is this headset-only?

Henning