Re: [vnfpool] New Charter for Toronto

Don Clarke <D.Clarke@cablelabs.com> Fri, 04 July 2014 16:19 UTC

From: Don Clarke <D.Clarke@cablelabs.com>
To: Zongning <zongning@huawei.com>, "vnfpool@ietf.org" <vnfpool@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 16:19:20 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.5.0.27]
Cc: "WRIGHT, STEVEN A" <sw3588@att.com>, "naseem.a.khan@verizon.com" <naseem.a.khan@verizon.com>, "tetsuya.nakamura.cu@nttdocomo.com" <tetsuya.nakamura.cu@nttdocomo.com>, "diego@tid.es" <diego@tid.es>, "raquel.morera@verizon.com" <raquel.morera@verizon.com>
Subject: Re: [vnfpool] New Charter for Toronto

Ning and All,

I welcome this work as I have a strong belief that such mechanisms if properly implemented will enable NFV-based network topologies to provide many more options for delivering scalable high reliability networks than traditional point-hardware bounded topologies. I have highlighted this message in public statements whenever I get an opportunity and I have encouraged efforts in the ETSI NFV ISG towards this goal.

I would like to see a reference in this charter to related work in the ETSI NFV ISG for example in the REL Working Group (Naseem Khan copied) and the INF Working Group (Steve Wright copied). Also MANO (Raquel Morera copied). I know that you and no doubt many others on this list are involved in both places, but could we at least see some words in this charter that acknowledge relevant requirements coming from the NFV ISG?

Suggested text in line below.

Regards,
Don Clarke.

Chair, NFV ISG Network Operator Council