Re: [vnrg] Status of the VNRG: Dormant or dead?

Márcio Melo <marciomelo@av.it.pt> Wed, 06 July 2011 17:33 UTC

From: Márcio Melo <marciomelo@av.it.pt>
To: 'Lou Berger' <lberger@labn.net>, 'Joe Touch' <touch@isi.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:33:46 +0100
Cc: vnrg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [vnrg] Status of the VNRG: Dormant or dead?

Lou, all,

I do not agree that VPN's are overlay network's alike.
On the contrary, you have VPNs L2 and L3. The ones provided by each Network
Providers, on which you need to do the provision and the setup on physical
hardware routers.

Interesting topics for discussing that I would put effort  on:
"How to scale VNs to the order of Thousands"
"How to switch from VPNs to VNs - What's hanging it up on Network Providers"
"How to manage VNs - Centralized vs Distributed"

Best Regards,
Márcio Melo