Re: [VRRP] Backup->Master transition and ARP reply question

Evan Gilman <evan@miami.edu> Wed, 22 February 2012 17:33 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:32:56 -0500
From: Evan Gilman <evan@miami.edu>
To: Stephen Nadas <stephen.nadas@ericsson.com>
Cc: "vrrp@ietf.org" <vrrp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [VRRP] Backup->Master transition and ARP reply question

Stephen -

Great, thanks for the information. One more question. If ARP Responses
should be sent with an Ethernet source MAC of the physical router, does
that also apply for the Gratuitous ARPs sent before transition to
Master? The document is not very clear on that point, especially in that
section 8.1.2 mandates an Ethernet SA of the physical MAC for ARP
Response, but does not mention ARP Request (Gratuitous or not).
Hopefully this one is a little easier... thanks again for your input.

--
evan