[VRRP] . Re: Graceful Failover for VRRP

sreenatha setty <sreenatha.setty@ibtechnology.com> Tue, 06 August 2013 05:41 UTC

From: sreenatha setty <sreenatha.setty@ibtechnology.com>
To: vrrp@ietf.org, "Anurag Kothari (ankothar)" <ankothar@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 11:11:00 +0530
Subject: [VRRP] . Re: Graceful Failover for VRRP

Hi Anurag,
     I went through the draft. I have few queries.
    The new "Change Event" you are trying to define is not actually new. In
earlier implementation also, if there is a change in Priority or
Advertisement Interval or VRIP address configurations, first VRRP will go to
Init state, then wait for some time (probably for Master down timer interval
if it's not the address owner) then becomes master if no eligible master is
available in the network.  I think only for Priority 0 configuration we need
to define new event. (I guess this you discussed over this mailing list
earlier.)
     And one more thing, I guess draft need to contain one more section
regarding the importance of the priority 0 configuration, before it talks
about the updates to RFC. Draft mentioned about this only in abstract. But
not really explaining in detail why we need to allow this configuration
(Priority 0).  Can you please elaborate it further?

Thanks,
Sreenatha

Message: 1