Re: [vwrap] VWRAP, after discussion with the Area Director

David W Levine <dwl@us.ibm.com> Wed, 11 May 2011 16:00 UTC

To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
From: David W Levine <dwl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 12:00:28 -0400
Cc: vwrap@ietf.org, vwrap-bounces@ietf.org, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, vwrap-ads@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [vwrap] VWRAP, after discussion with the Area Director

I think this makes perfect, if sad sense. The (now deprecated) Charter no
longer reflects what is
being done.

As I recall from the distant past, a charter, roughtly needs:

Some language setting a pretty clear scope, some language describing the
basic approach, and some concrete milestones.

One way forward would be to work on a new charter. Another would be for
various people who have an interest to put out
internet drafts on the ongoing mailing list to drive discussion. I really
think if people want to move the ball forward, one or
the other or both, is required. There's clealy still some interest, but
it's not exactly focused.

- David

p.s. Finally back to full speed, full time typing, after a 3 month down
time due to carpal tunnel, surgery and recovery. You are
all free to debate whether this is a good thing, or  a bad thing.