Re: Media Types (was: Re: Next W3C/IETF call scheduling)

John C Klensin <klensin@jck.com> Thu, 21 February 2013 13:42 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:42:51 -0500
From: John C Klensin <klensin@jck.com>
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Media Types (was: Re: Next W3C/IETF call scheduling)
Cc: W3C/IETF <w3c-policy@ietf.org>

--On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 16:48 -0500 Philippe Le
Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 19:27 -0500, John C Klensin wrote:
>>
>> --On Friday, February 15, 2013 17:12 -0500 Philippe Le Hegaret
>> <plh@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>> > IETF 86 is approaching and Thomas and I have a list of items
>> > (json bof, ipr, http auth, video codec, media types).
>>
>> As a co-author of the relevant spec, I've been operating under
>> the assumption that we no longer have major outstanding issues
>> about media types.  If that is not true, I'd like to hear
>> about it, in detail, enough before the call that I (and, to
>> the extent necessary, Barry and Pete) have useful things to
>> say.
>
> At this point, I do not believe this is a issue about the
> specification itself but most probably about its
> implementations on the W3C and IETF sides.
>
> I'm getting reports that the current email system makes the
> process prone to failures. It's difficult to track the status
> on our side and I had one case where the email never reached
> me.

Ok.  Not anything I can do anything about unless there are far
more specifics.   Pete and Barry, would it be useful to set up a
call between Philippe and Michelle to see if we can get to the
bottom of this before more time is wasted on operational
disconnects and/or vague descriptions of problems and concerns?

    best,
    john