Re: [webfinger] Simplifying and unjamming WebFinger

Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com> Sat, 15 June 2013 01:50 UTC

From: Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 21:50:17 -0400
To: Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>
Cc: webfinger@ietf.org, Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Subject: Re: [webfinger] Simplifying and unjamming WebFinger

Finally, a voice of reason has spoken.  Thanks, Mike!

When we are in the process of clearing the final two DISCUSSes in IESG review is not the time to start over from scratch.  We spent years of very long discussion coming to consensus on the document we have now....one, I might add, that we were all supportive of.  Pete Resnick is asking some reasonable questions regarding the document providing enough client instruction on URI selection for the purposes of information retrieval.  Let's just decide if we need additional text and,when possible, offer it concretely to speed things along.

Gonzalo