[weirds] Basis for BOF request for Taipei

Andrew Sullivan <ajs@anvilwalrusden.com> Thu, 29 September 2011 14:16 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:19:18 -0400
From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@anvilwalrusden.com>
To: weirds@ietf.org
Subject: [weirds] Basis for BOF request for Taipei

Dear colleagues,

I'm attaching a proposed draft WG charter and a possible agenda for a
BOF in Taipei.  Some of you may recall that we had hoped after Quebec
to make greater progress than we have.  For my part, I have let down
my end of the log, due to some personal issues that cropped up at the
end of the Quebec IETF meeting.

The deadline for BOF requests is on Monday.  I already sent a note to
the Apps ADs warning them that a BOF request will be coming.  I'd like
to propose the following as an agenda, and the attached draft charter,
when I make the request.  Both of these are totally tentative,
however, and I'd appreciate feedback, additions, alterations, and
deletions.

Remember that the deadline for the BOF request is Monday.  These
documents don't need to be final when that request is made -- we can
continue work on the list here prior to the IETF meeting -- but I'd
like to be able to demonstrate engagement and activity.  Apart from
the activity we already see on the list, discussion about these two
administrative details will provide evidence of an engaged community
that will create an effective working group.  Therefore, the sooner
you can get your comments in, the better.

Best regards,

Proposed agenda (1 hour):

    0.  Agenda bashing.

    1.  A very quick review of the background.

    2.  A pointer to the drafts about actual deployments, but not                  discussion of these.
    3.  A very quick overview of the then-extant requirements draft.

    4.  Questions for discussion (at least 30 mins):
        a.  Is this a problem to be solved?
        b.  Is the problem statement in the proposed charter clear                     enough?
        c.  Do we think we can solve the problem?
        d.  Are there people willing to work on the problem?

--
Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com