Re: Update regarding virtual interim materials

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Mon, 04 May 2020 19:02 UTC

From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Update regarding virtual interim materials
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 15:01:27 -0400
Cc: IETF <ietf@ietf.org>, IETF WG Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>

Hi Brian,

After checking, it seems that minutes@ietf.org <mailto:minutes@ietf.org> is in rather infrequent use, while proceedings@ietf.org <mailto:proceedings@ietf.org> (which the IESG statement mentions) does get used somewhat.

If someone wants to update BCP 25 there are probably other things to fix (e.g., the 8-character limit on WG acronyms). Abstracting away from this level of detail in the RFC would be helpful.

Alissa