Whois++ prototype server available for testing

Rickard Schoultz <schoultz@admin.kth.se> Wed, 08 September 1993 15:30 UTC

To: ietf-wnils@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Whois++ prototype server available for testing
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1993 16:59:43 +0200
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Rickard Schoultz <schoultz@admin.kth.se>

My previously announced perl whois++ prototype server is now available
for retrieval on <ftp://othello.admin.kth.se/pub/schoultz/
kth-whois++-1.1a.tar.Z>.

There is now support for centroids and almost all centroid commands.

I have set up an experimental server tree with this server which you can
try out. It looks like:

sunic.sunet.se:7070   --->  kth.se:7070  ---> othello.admin.kth.se:43
                                        \
                                         ---> cyklop.nada.kth.se:7070

If you query sunic for some word that exists on othello and cyklop, it
will take a while (10 seconds) before you get an answer. The reason is
that the servers are running as demons, not from inetd, and needs to be
swapped in. And it is a perl process.

The centroid support is far from finished.  The only thing I have done
is basically to add support for the commands, there needs to be some
more work on _how_ the server will use them.

-Rickard