Re: [wpkops] Browser behaviour draft

Tim Moses <tim.moses@entrust.com> Thu, 24 July 2014 12:42 UTC

From: Tim Moses <tim.moses@entrust.com>
To: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>, "wpkops@ietf.org" <wpkops@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:42:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.4.160.44]
Subject: Re: [wpkops] Browser behaviour draft

Hi Gerv.  It has to be "opportunity"; we all know that users don't possess the capability to manage security on their end systems.

Ooh!  I should put a smiley face after that.

;-)

We made a decision to record the state of Web PKI at a point in time.  (That being the end of 2013.)  The state is continuously evolving, and it would be a poor use of our time if we were to attempt to track it.  However, if completion is delayed much beyond the projected completion date, we may have to revisit that decision.

Thanks for your helpful input.

All the best.  Tim.