Re: [wpkops] [pkix] X.509 whitelist proposal

"Erik Andersen" <era@x500.eu> Wed, 06 August 2014 09:19 UTC

From: Erik Andersen <era@x500.eu>
To: "'Sill, Alan'" <alan.sill@ttu.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 11:19:42 +0200
Cc: pkix@ietf.org, wpkops@ietf.org, tony@yaanatech.com, stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie
Subject: Re: [wpkops] [pkix] X.509 whitelist proposal

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your comments. My proposal is a very initial proposal. I was just
eager to see reaction to the general approach.

I has primarily been concerned with the case where a RP only have 1-2 ms to
validate a received a PDU, meaning that the validation has to happen a
thousand times faster than in a traditional Web environment.

I will be very happy to receive some of the solutions you have seen work in
practice. I am always open to new ideas.

Kind regards,

Erik