an IP Over X.25 MIB question...

Kevin Wein <weink@ccmsmtp.stpaul.ncr.com> Fri, 30 October 1992 17:35 UTC

Date: Fri, 30 Oct 92 09:40:47 CST
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Kevin Wein <weink@ccmsmtp.stpaul.ncr.com>
To: x25mib@dg-rtp.dg.com
Subject: an IP Over X.25 MIB question...

I have had some trouble understanding the relationships between the IP Over X.25
MIB and the PLE entities.  From the draft I came to the conclusion that in a
system where there are 2 X.25 links with IP over X.25 using either one, I would
have the following entries in the interface table:

ifTable:
  ifIndex = 1; interface entry for LAPB MIB for link "LINK_A"
  ifIndex = 2; interface entry for PLE MIB for link "LINK_A"
  ifIndex = 3; interface entry for LAPB MIB for link "LINK_B"
  ifIndex = 4; interface entry for PLE MIB for link "LINK_B"
  ifIndex = 5; interface entry for IP over X.25 MIB"

x25PleTable:
  x25PleIndex = 2; ifIndex value for PLE interface for "LINK_A"
  x25PleIndex = 4; ifIndex value for PLE interface for "LINK_B"

x25ChannelTable:
  x25ChannelIndex = 2;
  x25ChannelIndex = 4;

x25CircuitTable:
  x25CircuitIndex = 2; x25CircuitChannel = 1;   LCN 1 on LINK_A
  x25CircuitIndex = 2; x25CircuitChannel = 10;  LCN 10 on LINK_A
  x25CircuitIndex = 4; x25CircuitChannel = 1;   LCN 1 on LINK_B
  x25CircuitIndex = 4; x25CircuitChannel = 16;  LCN 16 on LINK_B

ioxInfoTable:
  ioxInfoIndex = 5; ifIndex value for single IP over X.25 entry or
                    is there a row for every PLE entry ???????

ioxConTable:
  ioxConIfIndex = 1; entry for 1st IP address to X.25 virtual circuit mapping
  ioxConIfIndex = 2; entry for 2nd IP address to X.25 virtual circuit mapping

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if I'm all wet or verify my
assumptions.

                                Thanks,

                                Kevin Wein