Re: need a new name for ADMD=IMX

Einar Stefferud <Stef=x400@nma.com> Fri, 25 February 1994 00:18 UTC

To: ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu, cxii@es.net
Subject: Re: need a new name for ADMD=IMX
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Einar Stefferud <Stef=x400@nma.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 11:39:00 -0800

OK!  Thanks for the comments...  Summary:

There is no C=WW so this is a c=us name, however, the draft RFC takes
note of the fact that there is no reason to police registrations of
PRMD names to assure that none are actually operating outside the
National Boundaries of C=US.  So, if sintef.no wates to register
P=SINTEF.NO under { c=us A=INTX }, this is fine with us.

(It is SINTEF that has to make that decision;-)

So, I take the discussion to show consensus to accept A=INTX, and I
propose the Allan act poste haste to register it in the C=US MNDMD
register at ANSI.  Do I hear any serious objections?

We really don't have time to enjoy ourselves with leisurely searching
for alternatives unless someone has a really ingenous wonderful name
that is not already taken.  Trademark searche costs money and time.

(Frankly, I think that Allan's suggestion is properly ingenous;-).

Cheers...\Stef