[xml2rfc] Explanantion of improved file inclusion local/remote 'directory' search, please.

elwynd at dial.pipex.com (Elwyn Davies) Sun, 12 March 2006 11:30 UTC

From: "elwynd at dial.pipex.com"
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:30:21 +0000
Subject: [xml2rfc] Explanantion of improved file inclusion local/remote 'directory' search, please.

Hi.

I am just finishing the slides for the Dallas edu session on xml2rfc.

To save me having to experiment too much, could Charles, Marshall or
somebody else expand a bit on the directory search mechanisms:  v1.31
experimental page seems to imply that there is a unified search
mechanism for local and remote files - does this mean I can now
incorporate local directories and network URLs into the XML_LIBRARY
environment variable? Is this now looked at in both <!ENTITy and <?rfc
include file searches?  For completeness could you compare this to the
v1.30 situation.

Thanks,
Elwyn