[xml2rfc] Problem with <texttable>

dworley at pingtel.com (Dale R. Worley) Mon, 19 June 2006 10:27 UTC

From: "dworley at pingtel.com"
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:27:09 +0000
Subject: [xml2rfc] Problem with <texttable>

I'm having trouble with <texttable>.  xml2rfc 1.30 seems to want to set
the table to be 82 characters wide, which it then (correctly) rejects as
being too wide.  Are there any known problems like this?

I've attached a test file that illustrates the problem.  The first error
message I get is 'output line (on page 2) has 82 > 72 characters (excess
string is "---------+") around input line 64'.

Thanks,

Dale

> I'm having trouble with <texttable>.  xml2rfc 1.30 seems to want to
> set
> the table to be 82 characters wide, which it then (correctly)
> rejects as
> being too wide.  Are there any known problems like this?
>
> I've attached a test file that illustrates the problem.  The first
> error
> message I get is 'output line (on page 2) has 82 > 72 characters
> (excess
> string is "---------+") around input line 64'.

well. i have to admit that's pretty amusing: you do everything the
way it asks and it produces an intermediate result it won't process.
let me take a look at it.

/mtr