[xml2rfc] Slides for edu presentation on xml2rfc in Dallas

elwynd at dial.pipex.com (Elwyn Davies) Tue, 14 March 2006 15:25 UTC

From: "elwynd at dial.pipex.com"
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:25:50 +0000
Subject: [xml2rfc] Slides for edu presentation on xml2rfc in Dallas

That will be useful... If you are happy for me to do so I'll put it on
an extra slide I am doing for the course.

Regards,
Elwyn

From: fenner at gmail.com (Bill Fenner)
Date: Tue Mar 14 16:59:09 2006

On 3/14/06, Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@rd.francetelecom.com> wrote:
> Another issue I have wrt using entities with XMLMind is that this editor
> will replace an entity ("&RFC2119;") by its content
> ("<reference>...</reference>" block) in the saved file, which is a pain
> because you lose the nice feature of having reference block updated when
> new drafts version are published.

Thomas,

  I can't replicate this behavior.  XMLMind is definitely
entity-aware, and knows that it's important to save them as entities.
You can even add an entity reference using XMLMind's "copy as
reference" option (open the reference .xml, copy it as a reference,
then paste it into the I-D document).

  Do you see the included reference with a light blue background
instead of the normal xxe background?

  Bill