Re: [xrblock] WGLC for 'RTCP XR Report Block for Loss Concealment Metrics Reporting on Video Applications'

meng.wei2@zte.com.cn Tue, 18 August 2015 08:00 UTC

To: xrblock@ietf.org
From: meng.wei2@zte.com.cn
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:59:11 +0800
Subject: Re: [xrblock] WGLC for 'RTCP XR Report Block for Loss Concealment Metrics Reporting on Video Applications'

Hi all,

I have read this draft. I think it's ready for publication after
addressing following editorial issues:

1.        Section 1.3, "These metrics are applicable to video applications
of RTP and the video component of Audio/Video applications in which packet
loss concealment mechanisms are incorporated into the receiving endpoint
to mitigate the impact of network impairments on QoE."  Could be changed
        "These metrics are applicable to video applications and the video
component of Audio/Video applications using RTP and applying packet loss
concealment mechanisms which are incorporated into the receiving endpoint
to mitigate the impact of network impairments on QoE."

2.       In the draft, sometimes “Metric Block” is used and sometime “
Metrics block” used. I think it should be consistent.
3.       Section 4, the definition of V, "Each bit indicates one method
type, as follow:" SHOULD be modified.
4.       Section 6, "An attacker may put incorrect information in the
Video Loss Concealment reports, which will be affect the estimation of
video loss concealment mechanisms performance and QoE of users." should be
changed to "affect"
5.       Appendix b,c,d,e,f, "* Measurement Timing: See paragraph 2 of
Section 4." should be paragraph 1

Cheers,
Wei