Re: [xrblock] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-06

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Thu, 12 October 2017 21:56 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:56:08 -0500
Cc: Varun Singh <varun@callstats.io>, "draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics.all@ietf.org>, xrblock <xrblock@ietf.org>
To: "Huangyihong (Rachel)" <rachel.huang@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [xrblock] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-06

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 12:56 AM, Huangyihong (Rachel) <rachel.huang@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Please see inline.
>
> BR,
> Rachel

My concern is that it can be problematic to add normative requirements to things that already exist without updating those things. Otherwise, implementors may not learn about the new requirements. That is, they may not realize they need to even read this document.

Would it make sense to ask for a reference to this from rtp-usage?

Ben.