Re: [xrblock] 答复: 答复: Fw: I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-jb-08.txt

Kevin Gross <kevin.gross@avanw.com> Thu, 07 March 2013 17:23 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 10:22:48 -0700
From: Kevin Gross <kevin.gross@avanw.com>
To: Alan Clark <alan.d.clark@telchemy.com>
Cc: "xrblock@ietf.org" <xrblock@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [xrblock] 答复: 答复: Fw: I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-jb-08.txt

In some implementations, nominal delay is a static receiver property. It is
the quantity D in your idealized implementation.* It would be helpful to
add some of this detail to the draft. The bigger issue I am having is that
the draft does not define how to do the reporting for a more realistic
implementation or for an adaptive jitter buffer.

*This implementation compares a sender clock (RTP timestamps) with a
receiver clock (packet receive timestamp). In many systems, these clocks
run independently. It wont be long until r <> t, not necessarily because
packets are arriving early or late, but because the sender and receiver
clocks have drifted with respect to one another.

Kevin Gross
+1-303-447-0517
Media Network Consultant
AVA Networks - www.AVAnw.com <http://www.avanw.com/>, www.X192.org