[xrblock] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-09: (with COMMENT)

Spencer Dawkins <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com> Mon, 21 May 2018 19:18 UTC

From: Spencer Dawkins <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics@ietf.org, Shida Schubert <shida.at.ietf@gmail.com>, xrblock-chairs@ietf.org, shida.at.ietf@gmail.com, xrblock@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 12:18:44 -0700
Subject: [xrblock] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-09: (with COMMENT)

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-09: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics/

COMMENT:

Thanks for producing this document.

I did have one comment (and I apologize in advance that this is a particular
hot button for me).

I understand that you can do things with these metrics that you can't do with
previous metrics, but I wish there was a clearer description of "if you want to
understand X, you should implement this metric" earlier in the document. The
impression the reader is left with, is "if you're doing RTCWeb, you should
implement this metric", but I'm guessing that at least some of these metrics
would be useful for people who weren't doing RTCWeb, but need to measure
something that people who are doing RTCWeb also need to measure, and if that's
true, a short section that helped them figure that out would be helpful.