Re: [xrblock] after the IPR Disclosure related to draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-video-lc

Alan Clark <alan.d.clark@telchemy.com> Tue, 05 January 2016 20:06 UTC

To: xrblock@ietf.org
From: Alan Clark <alan.d.clark@telchemy.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 15:06:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [xrblock] after the IPR Disclosure related to draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-video-lc

I reviewed the patent that the disclosure related to - this appears to
describe a method for video coding that uses loss concealment and not a
method of reporting the effectiveness of loss concealment. It is of
course the responsibility of the IPR holder to verify that their patent
does in fact apply to the Draft/RFC to which their disclosure statement
applies.  I suggest that the WG chairs ask the participants from the
disclosing company to check to see if this disclosure is in fact
relevant to the draft.

Regards

Alan