Re: [xrblock] I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-07.txt

Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org> Mon, 20 May 2013 10:45 UTC

From: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:45:45 +0100
To: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
Cc: 'xrblock-chairs' <xrblock-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, 'xrblock' <xrblock@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [xrblock] I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-07.txt

On 20 May 2013, at 03:26, Qin Wu wrote:
> Hi, Colin:
> Thank for your valuable review, please see my reply inline below.
>
> Regards!
> -Qin

If you can't tell what video QoE metric to use from the payload format and it's parameters, then you might need to keep the parameter. I was assuming that the information needed was available.

> Anyway I am okay to remove mediatype and mosreference.
> The question is shall we need to remove media type in the registry when we decide remove media type from SDP format?

I don't understand your question. Can you clarify?

> The ABNF defines video and multimedia mediatypes, but this draft only defines audio metric report blocks.
>
> [Qin]:That's not true. The single stream per segment will be used for video and multimedia media types. Multimedia media type means it can be either audio media type or video media type or audiovisual media type, e.g., P.1201.
>
> The ABNF and the table of registrations in the IANA considerations include P1201_01, P1201_02, P1202_01, and P1202_02 algorithms, which only work for multimedia or video, but this draft only defines audio metric report blocks.
>
> [Qin]: See above.
>
> The policies for the new registry of calculation algorithms in Section 5.4 state that the information require should include "how values of the metric are reported in the one 16-bit fields or 13-bit fields", but the registration template and initial assignments do not do so.
>
> [Qin]:I am not sure how this sentence " how values of the metric are reported in the one 16-bit fields or 13-bit fields " affects registration template and initial assignment since this sentence really means how we format "MOS value" in 16 bits or 13 bits. The details of definition of "MOS value" field
> Has been specified in the section 3.2.1 for 16-bit "MOS value" and in the section 3.2.2 for 13-bit "MoS value". What am I missing?

If you need to specify something different about how the metric values are reported for each metric then the IANA registration template needs to specify what information is needed. If not, then you should remove that sentence from Section 5.4, since it implies that additional information is needed.

Colin