Re: [xrblock] WGLC - draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-02

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Thu, 20 December 2012 01:56 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: Roni Even <ron.even.tlv@gmail.com>, "'Romascanu, Dan (Dan)'" <dromasca@avaya.com>, xrblock@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:56:39 +0800
Subject: Re: [xrblock] WGLC - draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-02

Hi, Roni:
Thank for raising this issue.
 In this draft, we are not choosing to report all indications in the first priority and second priority. Instead, we are
choosing to report all the parameters that can be easily gathered by parsing
the TS header. What we ignore is all the other PSI/SI related parameters in
the first priority and second priority. These parameters usually fixs and repeatly occur in the received stream
and need deep parsing not only TS header but also TS payload which introduce complexity in the test and
measurment instrument. However I do agree with you these PSI/SI related parameters
are still very important parameters. Any error of these PSI/SI related parameters will
lead to very serious quality problem.

Regarding the option you proposed, I am not favoring the second approach since it doesn't solve the problem
you raised and we already clarified the parameter we are taking belong to 1st and 2nd prioirty in the description
 before the format. I checked section 5.3.5 of TR 101.290, which provide TS parameters in transmission system with
"reduced SI data". I think if we really want to take some new parameters, we like to choose to take additional missing parameters
in the 1st and 2nd priority of section 5.3.5, which belong to "reduced SI data".

Otherwise we prefer to leave as it is.

Regards!
-Qin