[xrblock] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-synchronization-03.txt

"Huangyihong (Rachel)" <rachel.huang@huawei.com> Mon, 01 April 2013 09:36 UTC

From: "Huangyihong (Rachel)" <rachel.huang@huawei.com>
To: "xrblock@ietf.org" <xrblock@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 09:36:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.41.104]
Subject: [xrblock] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-synchronization-03.txt

Hi, Folks:

The open issue to synchronization draft was discussed in orlando meeting, i.e., whether to narrow scope or to apply the second block(i.e., synchronization offset block)  to single session.

To address the open issue, we have submitted a new version of synchronization draft.
The proposed change is to remove SSRC of reference stream based on suggestion by Jonathan in the meeting, using the RTCP CNAME to indicate which flows are being synchronised. In this way, we can apply the second block to both single session and multiple session, which perfect resolve this open issue.
We believe this change is not trivial and need to restart working group last call. chairs, would you like to help to do that?

Best Regards!
Rachel