Re: [yaco-liaison-tool] Acceptance?

Emilio Sanchez <esanchez@yaco.es> Wed, 13 October 2010 07:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:44:26 +0200
From: Emilio Sanchez <esanchez@yaco.es>
To: smccammon@amsl.com
Cc: yaco-liaison-tool@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [yaco-liaison-tool] Acceptance?

   Hi Stephanie,

2010/10/13 Stephanie McCammon <smccammon@amsl.com>

> Hello,
>
> I think this looks really wonderful, and I just have a couple of
> questions/comments that I would like to address.
>
> 1.  When a deadline has passed and action was taken before that deadline
> occurred, the liaisons are currently marked as 'Already taken care'.
> It may be more efficient to say 'Resolved' or "Action Taken'.  When the
> liaison has not been marked as 'Already taken care', it currently says 'No
> actions taked'.  Perhaps this might be improved by saying 'Action
> Required'.

   That's easy, we have to change just the strings. I can do that change
this morning.

> 2.  Are all authorized parties allowed to edit the liaisons they submitted
> or are editing abilities limited to the Secretariat?

   The editing abilities are limited to Secretariat and Liaison Manager
(I'll explain what is an IETF Liaison Manager in another mail).

> 3.  When you enter an outgoing liaison statement it doesn't seem to show up
> in the liaison list once it is submitted.  However, if you attempt to submit
> the same liaison a second time it says that a liaison of that name has
> already been submitted.

     When you send an outgoing liaison you have to mark that you have prior
approval to send it. There is a checkbox to do this. Probably you didn't
check it so the liaison is not public until someone approves it. The person
who can approve the liaison depends on who you select the liaison comes from
(If the liaison comes from a WG then the Area director can approve, if it
comes from the IETF then the IETF chair should approve it.

     If you check that checkbox when creating the liaison then is supposed
you have obtained prior approval so the liaison will go public without any
other user interaction.

Thank you.