Re: [yaco-liaison-tool] From Field in Liaison Tool

Glen <glen@amsl.com> Mon, 31 January 2011 16:29 UTC

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:32:39 -0800
From: Glen <glen@amsl.com>
To: yaco-liaison-tool@ietf.org
Cc: Ray Pelletier <rpelletier@isoc.org>
Subject: Re: [yaco-liaison-tool] From Field in Liaison Tool

Hi Emilio -

The statement of work is technically correct, but it looks like
somewhere a case was not taken into account:

The secretariat staff, to use your phrasing, represents ALL entities
(i.e. should be given all access to all properly-defined functions in
the program.)  They can and should be able to perform all legitimate
actions that ANY user of the system could perform - as though they were
that user - whilst logged in as themselves - without having to log in as
a different user to accomplish that.

This is a global requirement for anything IETF-wide that is written, I
am guessing that was not spelled out clearly in the SOW, which is why
this didn't happen.  So somehow we're going to need to get that
functionality added... and make sure that it is spelled out in future
contracts clearly.

Henrik -

How do you suggest we proceed?

Glen