Re: [yam] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6409 (3995)

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Fri, 23 May 2014 18:29 UTC

Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 14:28:44 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@qualcomm.com>, RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, barryleiba@computer.org, presnick@qti.qualcomm.com, tony@att.com, sm+ietf@elandsys.com
Cc: yam@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [yam] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6409 (3995)

Unless I'm wrong about how motivated any of us are to do a 6409
update to fix this, can we just note (as a comment on the
erratum since it has gotten this far) that there is an issue
with the text (as noted) and that it needs to be examined
carefully in any rewrite.  I agree with Randy's comments about
clarity, but doubt that is worth spending a lot more time on now
unless something thinks the issue is really important enough to
justify a revision.

   john

--On Friday, 23 May, 2014 08:07 -0700 Randall Gellens