Re: [yang-doctors] binary wasRe: [Teas] Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types-03 (was -01)

Jan Lindblad <janl@tail-f.com> Fri, 01 February 2019 09:44 UTC

From: Jan Lindblad <janl@tail-f.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 10:44:00 +0100
Cc: tom petch <ietfa@btconnect.com>, "yang-doctors@ietf.org" <yang-doctors@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types.all@ietf.org>, "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>
To: "Tarek Saad (tsaad)" <tsaad@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [yang-doctors] binary wasRe: [Teas] Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types-03 (was -01)

Tarek,

Very good! I'm particularly happy that you introduced ordered-by user on the lists I mentioned, and with good descriptions. I am still a little worried that quite a few people will mistake the function of the numeric keys, because many are used to that numeric rule names implies that they are sorted in ascending order. You state very clearly that this is not the case in the description, but not all people read descriptions. I don't insist that you change this, however. Just a minor reflection on my part.

The must expressions on label-start and -end could be simplified. They are making the same tests twice now, but this is not a major problem. If you are interested, I could help you simplify this.

Thank you,
/jan
--
Jan Lindblad, janl@tail-f.com, +46 702855728
Solutions Architect, Business Development, Tail-f