[yang-doctors] Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-06

Bert Wijnen <bwietf@bwijnen.net> Tue, 16 May 2017 12:37 UTC

From: Bert Wijnen <bwietf@bwijnen.net>
To: yang-doctors@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 05:37:51 -0700
Subject: [yang-doctors] Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-06

Reviewer: Bert Wijnen
Review result: On the Right Track

- last para of sect 3.5.
  This seems to me to make it difficult to create interoperable
  implementations. Or is there a way for a client to figure out what
  is or is not support, other than tryal and error?
- page 41:

     /* YANG Parser Pyang crashing on the following syntax below

  So does the definition get skipped? Or what needs to happen here?

Consistency

- last bullet on page 7 talks about "YANG subtrees". I do not see that
term
  in netconf or yang documents. Those just talk about "subtrees".
Maybe I am
  not looking good enough?
- top of page 8 I see the words "xpath", "Xpath" and "XPath"
  is there a difference?

Nits

- you may want to check the reference/citation occurrences of
[subscribe]
  at several places it points to
     draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-06#ref-subscribe
  whereas I think it intends to point to the [subscribe] in the
  normative references section
- first bullet on page 5:
     Enhancements to filters. Specifically the filter MUST at identify
at
     least one targeted yang
   s/at//  -- the first "at" seems superfluous
   plus, you are using capitalized MUST with out reference/citation
of
   RFC2119
- page 36:

    leaf dependency {
      type sn:subscription-id;
      description
        "Provides the Subscription ID of a parent subscription which
         has absolute priority should that parent have push updates
         ready to egress the publisher. In other words, there should
be
         no streaming of objects from the current subscription if of
         the parent has something ready to push.";
      reference
        "RFC-7540, section 5.3.1";
    }

     s/if of/if/ ??