Re: [yang-doctors] Yangdoctors Early Review of draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-yang-data-model-04

Laurent Toutain <laurent.toutain@imt-atlantique.fr> Thu, 22 April 2021 08:45 UTC

From: Laurent Toutain <laurent.toutain@imt-atlantique.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:45:01 +0200
To: Mehmet Ersue <mersue@gmail.com>
Cc: yang-doctors@ietf.org, draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-yang-data-model.all@ietf.org, lpwan@ietf.org, Carl Moberg <callemoberg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [yang-doctors] Yangdoctors Early Review of draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-yang-data-model-04

Dear Carl and Mehmet,

Thank you very much for your review and all the advice, this will help us
to have a better document. I'm quite new in YANG and I was not aware of the
--ietf argument. It reports a lot of errors, I will correct them. -f yang
is also an option I was looking for to have more readable documents.

Regarding the FID, you are right, it is too flat right now, we will change
it to have something more hierarchical that allows also to go inside a
field to allow subfields ids.

For the last point, how do you establish a relation between fields in a
yang model?

Thank you again for your help

Laurent