Re: [6tisch] comments on 15.4 header fields in minimal

Pat Kinney <pat.kinney@kinneyconsultingllc.com> Wed, 22 July 2015 06:26 UTC

From: Pat Kinney <pat.kinney@kinneyconsultingllc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 01:26:52 -0500
To: "6tisch@ietf.org" <6tisch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] comments on 15.4 header fields in minimal

As per our 6tisch meeting yesterday concerning the PAN ID compression bit table, I have attached an IEEE 802.15 document showing the changes to the latest revision draft. This document will act as guidance to the Technical Editor to modify the revision draft.  In summary, it was agreed that frames of version numbers “0” or “1" should revert to the instructions stated in IEEE 802.15.4-2011.  For frame version “2", new text will be inserted into the revision declaring the rules in a non-ambiguous fashion.

I would ask those interested in setting the header bits to read this document and respond with critiques or questions.

Thanks, Pat

Pat Kinney
Kinney Consulting LLC
IEEE 802.15 WG vice chair, TG chair