[6tisch] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-24: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 07 August 2019 15:48 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture@ietf.org, 6tisch-chairs@ietf.org, shwetha.bhandari@gmail.com, 6tisch@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 08:48:00 -0700
Subject: [6tisch] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-24: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-24: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture/

DISCUSS:

I only had a quick read of this document, however, it seems to me that there
are strong dependencies on a whole bunch of drafts, that are only listed as
informational. I don't have a deep enough understanding to make a final
judgement of which draft would need to be listed as normative references,
however, I wanted to raise this point on the discuss level in order to ensure
that this is considered before publication.

To give an example: Section 4.6.3 goes quite seep into details of what's
described in [I-D.ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery]. However as long as
[I-D.ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery] is not published yet, the 6tisch arch should
probably not rely on the content of this draft that strongly. Putting
[I-D.ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery] as a normative reference ensures that this
draft will not be published before [I-D.ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery].

COMMENT:

As I said, I only had a rather brief read, however, I had a bit of problems to
follow exactly which parts of the architecture rely on existing protocols and
mechanisms and where 6tsch actually needs to define new approaches. Maybe a
short, even higher-level overview than section 3, could address this and help
the reader.