[76attendees] Thanks much

Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com> Thu, 12 November 2009 11:24 UTC

From: Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com>
To: Jun Murai <jun@wide.ad.jp>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:25:21 +0900
Cc: 76attendees@ietf.org
Subject: [76attendees] Thanks much

Jun:

The IAOC has drafted a letter to the mayor, which will be delivered to
the vice-mayor tomorrow. I want to take an opportunity to thank you
and your team personally for your involvement in hosting the IETF, and
for the very fine event that it has been.

I sent a note to the NOC team earlier in the week. We invariably seem
to have issues in the network, which is a little embarrassing given
that we are a networking organization - it's the cobbler's shoes that
pinch. Per the measurements I have made this week, the network has
been among the most stable, predictable, and reliable among IETF
meetings in my memory, and my memory goes back almost to the founding
of WIDE.

The city is gorgeous. We have been to some nice places - I like
Prague, the museum in Paris is wonderful, Amsterdam is full of life.
But Hiroshima, in my estimation, ranks among the most beautiful and
friendly cities we have visited. What other city has changed its
annual program just because we came? How many are as pleasant and safe?

The hotels have been comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and
the restaurants inexpensive and good.

I am aware, as you are, that this was a diving catch on your part. You
and the people of Japan have been good friends to the IETF, over and
above the call of duty.

Thank you, good friend. We are in your debt.

Fred Baker