Re: [alto] Status update //RE: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-performance-metrics-05.txt

Danny Alex Lachos Perez <dlachosp@dca.fee.unicamp.br> Tue, 23 October 2018 02:04 UTC

From: Danny Alex Lachos Perez <dlachosp@dca.fee.unicamp.br>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 23:04:20 -0300
To: bill.wu@huawei.com
Cc: IETF ALTO <alto@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [alto] Status update //RE: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-performance-metrics-05.txt

Hello, Qin and all the authors.

I have performed a review of this draft (-05).

My comments are in the attached file (marked with [DANNY]). Most of them
are about format issues, consistency, and clarity. However, I have a
technical comment:

Regarding hop count cost metric (section 6), the metric name is very
generic. Considering the "metric description", you basically refer to
router hops. What about other types of hop count, for example, AS-hops?.
Based on your description, I think that this metric could have a more
specific name ("router hop count", for giving an example)

PLUS:
Each cost metric (OWDelay, RTT, PDV, Hop Count, Packet Loss, and
Throughput) is considered a section. However, I think you can consider them
as subsections of a section, similar to how you did with Traffic
Engineering Performance Cost Metrics (section 9).

Best regards,

Danny Lachos