[Casm] casm proposed charter v20170807

"Marc Blanchet" <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca> Mon, 07 August 2017 17:44 UTC

From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
To: casm <casm@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 13:44:38 -0400
Subject: [Casm] casm proposed charter v20170807

Hello,
  following our informal meeting during last IETF, I took the token to
start writing a charter for CASM. I know it is not complete, but would
like to get comments, proposals, suggestions, reviews at this point.

Regards, Marc.

==========

Coordinated Address Space Management (CASM)
Proposed Charter, v20170807

Organizations use IP Address Space Management (IPAM) tools to manage
their IP address space, often with proprietary database and interfaces.
This work is to evolve IPAM into standardized interfaces for coordinated
management of IP addresses, including SDN/NFV networks and other forms
of virtualization. Use cases include dynamic allocation and release of
IP addresses and prefixes based on usage and queries to RIR to receive
the allocated prefixes to the requestor.  The interfaces will be
specified as Yang models. The scope of the system is within a single
autonomous system.
Future work, not part of the current charter, could include intent-based
northbound interfaces and additional interactions with RIR.

Milestones
- Problem Statement and Architecture
- Yang model for IP prefix management
- Yang model for RIR Internet Number Resource requests