Re: help with interfaces gr

Geoff Thompson <Geoff_Thompson.ENGIN#u#THREE@engtwomac.synoptics.com> Sat, 07 August 1993 18:13 UTC

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1993 20:21:53 -0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Geoff Thompson <Geoff_Thompson.ENGIN#u#THREE@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Subject: Re: help with interfaces gr
To: Greg Fisher <fisher@tinton.ccur.com>, snmp@psi.com, enet_mib@ftp.com, anil@levers.enet.dec.com

        Reply to:   RE>>help with interfaces gro
The dot3 preamble plus SFD is 8 bytes when transmitted by an "interface".  That
can change as it goes through a network.  You lose a little going through AUIs,
transceivers and cables.  You gain a little going through repeaters.  The
maximum you can gain going through a legal network is 30 bits.

Geoff Thompson
Vice chair 802.3