Re: [Hubmib] Correlation betwen two MIB

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Thu, 10 February 2011 17:49 UTC

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:48:42 +0100
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Olivier Seveur <Olivier.Seveur@exane.com>, hubmib@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Hubmib] Correlation betwen two MIB

Hi Olivier,

The Ethernet MIB modules did not consider that each port needs to be
modeled as an ifEntry.

There is a way to map these however (or at least one I know) but it's
not very easy.

If you support the Entity MIB as per RFC 4133 you can define two entries
in the entAliasMappingEntry corresponding to the same entPhysicalIndex
that designates the port. Then the entAliasLogicalIndexOrZero objects in
the two rows would point to the entries in the pethPsePortTable and
ifTable respectively. See the DESCRIPTION clause of
entAliasMappingIdentifier in RFC 4133 for an example.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dan