Re: [Ibnemo] Configured service models

"Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <bwietf@bwijnen.net> Sun, 01 November 2015 13:09 UTC

To: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>, "ibnemo@ietf.org" <ibnemo@ietf.org>
From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <bwietf@bwijnen.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:09:04 +0900
Subject: Re: [Ibnemo] Configured service models

Thanks Benoit. I know understand what you mean.

Yet, I have heard various people (operators) tell us that they want/need to be able to do this as well.
So I expect that implementation work will happen in ODL and at IETF Hackatons. So we'll see how
well that goes, and if it does go well and we hear from operators that they want that capability
standardized in an Intent Expresssion Language, I guess we can then talk again. I basically see
the Open Source work and the work at the Hackatons as implementation work to test and
figure out what we can and need to standardize on.

Bert