[iccrg] An Open Congestion Control Architecture with network cooperation for RDMA fabric

"Roni Even (A)" <roni.even@huawei.com> Tue, 23 July 2019 18:56 UTC

From: "Roni Even (A)" <roni.even@huawei.com>
To: iccrg IRTF list <iccrg@irtf.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:56:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.124.182.135]
Subject: [iccrg] An Open Congestion Control Architecture with network cooperation for RDMA fabric

Hi,
We uploaded a presentation on Open Congestion Control Architecture with network cooperation for RDMA fabric. This is a managed environment.

The slides are in
slides-105-iccrg-an-open-congestion-control-architecture-with-network-cooperation-for-rdma-fabric-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/materials/slides-105-iccrg-an-open-congestion-control-architecture-with-network-cooperation-for-rdma-fabric-00>. There are two documents related to the slides and are referenced in the slides.

The document introduces an open architecture to support multiple congestion algorithms  in the NIC.
The other feature is to have the network switches when they are the congestion point to become also the notification point, this will reduce the time it will take the response to reach the sender.  It is not dependent on the congestion algorithm but in our case since we talk about RDMA fabric we tested with DCQCN. The initial results  of the notification from the switch are in the slides.

We intend in the future to propose this control message that can be used by also by other similar use cases.

We were unable to present during the session due to time constrains and will be happy to  get any comments.

We are looking for feedback and intend to continue this work.

Roni Even