[Idr] BGPSEC proposal to drop AS_PATH [was: Fwd: [sidr] request for agenda items for interim meeting 6 Jun]

"John G. Scudder" <jgs@juniper.net> Tue, 29 May 2012 18:25 UTC

From: "John G. Scudder" <jgs@juniper.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:24:50 -0400
To: "idr@ietf.org List" <idr@ietf.org>
Cc: "sidr@ietf.org list" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: [Idr] BGPSEC proposal to drop AS_PATH [was: Fwd: [sidr] request for agenda items for interim meeting 6 Jun]

IDR folks,

BGPSEC (in the SIDR WG) includes a path attribute, BGPSEC_Path_Signatures, that substantially overlaps the semantics of AS_PATH. For reasons discussed in the forwarded note below, it proposes that updates carrying BGPSEC_Path_Signatures should NOT carry AS_PATH.

Since this would represent a fairly major change to the protocol, I wanted to make sure those not following SIDR were aware of it. Please cross-post any comments to sidr@ietf.org.

(See http://tools.ietf.org/html/ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-03 Section 3.)

--John

Begin forwarded message: