[Idr] I-D Action: draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-01.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Sun, 05 July 2015 12:26 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 05:26:38 -0700
Cc: idr@ietf.org
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-01.txt

 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Methods for Detection and Mitigation of BGP Route Leaks
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
                          Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-07-05

Abstract:
   In [I-D.ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition], the authors have
   provided a definition of the route leak problem, and also enumerated
   several types of route leaks.  In this document, we first examine
   which of those route-leak types are detected and mitigated by the
   existing origin validation (OV) [RFC 6811] and BGPSEC path validation
   [I-D.ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol].  Where the current OV and BGPSEC
   protocols don't offer a solution, this document suggests an
   enhancement that would extend the route-leak detection and mitigation
   capability of BGPSEC.  The solution can be implemented in BGP without
   necessarily tying it to BGPSEC.  Incorporating the solution in BGPSEC
   is one way of implementing it in a secure way.  We do not claim to
   have provided a solution for all possible types of route leaks, but
   the solution covers several, especially considering some significant
   route-leak attacks or occurrences that have been observed in recent
   years.  The document also includes a stopgap method for detection and
   mitigation of route leaks for the phase when BGPSEC (path validation)
   is not yet deployed but only origin validation is deployed.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-01

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-01

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/