Re: [Ietf-62] Netwrok Diagrams

"David Farmer" <farmer@umn.edu> Mon, 28 February 2005 15:07 UTC

From: David Farmer <farmer@umn.edu>
To: IETF 62 Network List <ietf-62@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:06:46 -0600
Subject: Re: [Ietf-62] Netwrok Diagrams
Cc: "Daniel B. Westacott" <dwest@umn.edu>, Frank Di Gravina <digravin@umn.edu>
Sender: ietf-62-bounces@ietf.org

Here are some updates:

1. Corrected a few typos.
2. Put one of the terminal rooms off of the 3rd floor Coat Room core
switch.
3. Added a second connection to the Symphony Room (NOC) through
a jack in Marquette.

There are 5 switches to put on tables in the Terminal Rooms, more
can be added if necessary, but I think a 120 ports should be enough.

I'm going to work on VLAN and address assignments, what size
subnets have you been using.  I'm planning subnets for NOC,
Wireless, Wired Terminal Room, Multicast and Podium jacks, and the
external VLANs going to Onvoy and UMN per page 4.  Are other
Subnets/VLANs needed?

Jim, I'm available to talk most of today except for 1:00 to 3:00 CST