IETF@20 Guerilla Party Events for Monday

Susan Estrada <susan@aldea.com> Mon, 20 March 2006 17:23 UTC

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:23:28 -0800
To: ietf@ietf.org
From: Susan Estrada <susan@aldea.com>
Subject: IETF@20 Guerilla Party Events for Monday

IETF@20 Guerilla Party Events for Monday

The IETF turned 20 this year.  Besides the social, there will be a
little partying on the side (guerilla partying) for those who want to
celebrate 20 years of openness in Internet standards development.

**Grey Beard Day**

Today is Grey Beard Day.  Pick up a grey beard at the IETF@20 table
or shine up your own if you are a 'natural' (I'm talking to you,
Scott.)  Beards are very limited, first-come, first-served and will
be placed on the table at random times during the day.

**10 Seconds (or more) on Video**

If the video dude can swim up to the hotel today, he will be around
during the breaks and in the ISOC office to tape you sending your
best wishes to IETF@20, singing songs, showing off your sock puppets,
kissing Bert, reading your favorite RFC, whatever.  He's going to
take all the comments, do some magic video dude stuff and have it
ready to play at the social on Tuesday night and at the IETF@20 table
on Wednesday.  Don't be shy.

The ISOC office is at the Opal Room on Tower lobby floor across from
Business Center.  Or look for the guy with the video cam at the breaks.

**IETF@20 Trivia**

For a few minutes of fun, we've set up a daily trivia event at
<http://ietf20.isoc.org/trivia/>http://ietf20.isoc.org/trivia/.  So,
take a minute or two to test your knowledge of the IETF and get a
chance to be one of 20 lucky people each day to receive a bag filled
with IETF@20 goodies.

For today's (Monday's) drawing, we will select 20 names at random
from all entries. Tomorrow might be different.  You never know.

If you are a winner, you must pick up your prize during the course of
the IETF65 meeting in the ISOC office.  Office hours will be posted
with the winners list.

Want to add your own trivia question?  Send the question and three
answers (including the right one) to ietf20@isoc.org . We'll add it
to future quizzes if we can.

**Miscellany**

for fun. None of your registration fees were used to support these
activities.  No animals were used during the testing.  Yes, there
will be different activities each day.  And, if you don't want to pay
attention to the IETF@20 stuff because it makes you feel too old or
you are busy creating new standards, delete these messages.