Re: [Manet-dt] Question and Comment on OLSRv2-03

Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@computer.org> Tue, 12 June 2007 10:23 UTC

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@computer.org>
Subject: Re: [Manet-dt] Question and Comment on OLSRv2-03
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:23:17 +0200
To: mase <mase@ie.niigata-u.ac.jp>
Cc: manet <manet@ietf.org>, manet-dt@ietf.org

Dear Kenichi,

Thank you for your comments and apologies for the slightly belated
reply. As I am sure you have noticed, we have reissued NHDP taking a
lot of the comments provided by Owada-san, Satoh-san and others into
account, and I think included also clarifications on the comments you
have below.

Regarding OLSRv2, we have been putting that a bit on a side, with the
objective to get work done on packetbb and nhdp, which we want to get
completed ASAP. Your comments on OLSRv2 are noted, and we will get
back to you on those in short order.

Thank you again for your comments and corrections,

Thomas

On 31Mar , 2007, at 6:33 AM, mase wrote:

> Dear Thomas and all,
>
> I have some questions and comments on OLSRv2-03 and NHDP-02.
>
> 1. Local interface block in NHDP
> The following description
> "The first address block of the Local Interface Block MUST contain
> the used address of the interface over which theHELLO message is
> transmitted." was deleted in the -02 draft.
>
> Does this mean that the address must be included in the same order
> in all copies of a given HELLO message, regardless of which OLSRv2
> nterface it is transmitted on?
>
> If so, the description in 9.2 of OLSRv2 -03 should be modified
> because there is now no clear distinction in terms of the order of
> addresses in the first address block between HELLO and TC messages.
>
> 2. Attached networks in OLSRv2
>
> One of the main changes from -02 to -03 is "Local attached network
> advertisement may be delegated to MPRs."
>
> To do this, information on local attached network of a node is
> advertised in the Local  Interface Block of the HELLO messages.
> However, it is not clear which information base is poplulated  when
> this information is received by a MPR of this node. It is also not
> clear how this information is carried by TC messages of the MPR.
> Does the first address block or other address block of TC messages
> carry this information? If the latter, It is also needed to modifiy
> 13.1.3 of OLSRv2-03 since the gateway to the attached network is
> not the MPR itself but the original node with the attaced network.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> I also have a question with reagard to attached network
> advertisement in HELLO messages. Why may attached networks with
> dist>0 not be advertized in HELLO messages?
>

> 3. "Local Attached Neighbor Tuple" in 12 of OLSRv2-03 should be
> "Local Attached Nework Tuple".
>
> Thanks,
> Kenichi

Thomas Clausen