[media-types] media type registration of the Slovak national standard for e-forms container e-form+xml, e-form+zip

szilva@changenet.sk Sat, 08 March 2014 15:25 UTC

Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 16:08:50 +0100
From: szilva@changenet.sk
To: media-types@iana.org
Subject: [media-types] media type registration of the Slovak national standard for e-forms container e-form+xml, e-form+zip

Dear sirs,

I am an idependent member of working groups of the Committee for
standardization of information systems of public administration in
Slovak republic, which defined a national e-forms container and is
working also on another standards. The Committee works under the
Ministry of finance of the Slovak republic and its public website is
here: http://informatizacia.sk/standards-for-is-pa/4632s

The e-forms container will contain all definitions, schemas and
transformations needed for a visual and other presentations of an
e-government e-form, for filling an e-form, validation of filled data,
etc.

We would like to register a mimetype for this national e-forms
container, but firstly we would like to consult the correct naming.

My questions:

1. Is there any experience with registration of media types for
national IT or e-government standards? Are there any examples of
national standards' subtypes?

2. I would like to ask you, what registration tree would you suggest
for our national e-forms container. "Vendor tree" or "Personal or
Vanity tree"?

3. What should be the "IANA-approved designation of the producer's
name" in the case of national e-government standard? Are there any
written rules for the names?

More explanation:

The e-forms container will be primarily used by Slovak national
e-government portal for publication of all e-forms specifications, but
it will be also used by vendors/software producers, who will create
and distribute commercial or freeware software for general public and
business customers (e.g. economical or accounting software for
business, software for filling e-forms, software for e-signing of
e-forms, etc). It could be possibly used by other countries or vendors.

The container has two equal forms: XML structure or ZIP container.
The technical specification of the e-forms container is published as a
legislative document - "Edict About Standards for Information Systems
of Public Administration" and use of this specification is imposed by
the Slovak national legislation. (It is currently available only in
Slovak language and the requirements for the e-forms container are
defined in this supplement:
https://lt.justice.gov.sk/Attachment/Priloha_3_e-formulare.pdf?instEID=-1&attEID=63268&docEID=353297&matEID=6842&langEID=1&tStamp=20140304134546663
)

The e-forms container is based on existing standards: JAR file format,
DublinCore, Open Packaging Format, OpenDocument format, EPUB Open
Container Format. The e-forms container also extends these standards
for specific e-forms usage.

Currently the following nonstandard media types for e-forms containers
are used in Slovakia:
application/e-form+zip
application/x-eform-xml

Firstly we thought, we can register something like this:
application/vnd.e-form+zip
application/vnd.e-form+xml
(maybe "e-form" will be only "eform")

But if we understand the RFC 6838 correctly, we should create an
abbreviation for the organization which is responsible for the Slovak
e-government IT standards and this abbreviation must be incorporated
in the subtype name.

Maybe something like this ? :
(note, these are only examples that were not approved or consulted by
our Committee)

application/vnd.gov.sk.e-form+zip
application/vnd.gov.sk.e-form+xml

or something like this :

application/vnd.finance.gov.sk.e-form+zip
application/vnd.finance.gov.sk.e-form+xml

Explanation for the "gov.sk": It is the second-level domain name used
by the Slovak government organizations, such as www.government.gov.sk,
www.finance.gov.sk, www.nases.gov.sk, etc.

As an example I filled the registration template for the XML variant
of the container, but this is not an official registration request:

    Type name: application

    Subtype name: Vendor Tree - vnd.gov.sk.e-form+xml

    Required parameters:   None.

    Optional parameters:  "charset"

          UTF-8 is required for Slovak national e-forms containers.
This parameter has identical semantics to the charset parameter of the
"application/xml" media type as specified in RFC3023.

    Encoding considerations:  Identical to those of "application/xml"
as described in RFC3023, Section 3.2.

    Security considerations:  Files may contain script and other
active content.

    Interoperability considerations:

    Published specification:  (only in Slovak language)
https://lt.justice.gov.sk/Attachment/Priloha_3_e-formulare.pdf?instEID=-1&attEID=63268&docEID=353297&matEID=6842&langEID=1&tStamp=20140304134546663

    Applications that use this media type:  Slovak e-government
portals and (in the future) software from some other vendors.

    Fragment identifier considerations:

    Additional information:

      Deprecated alias names for this type:

      Magic number(s):  As specified for "application/xml" in RFC3023,
Section 3.2.

      File extension(s):  .xml, .eform

      Macintosh file type code(s):  TEXT

    Person & email address to contact for further information:
National agency for network and electronic services  -  or  -
Ministry of Finance of the Slovak republic

    Intended usage: COMMON

    (One of COMMON, LIMITED USE, or OBSOLETE.)

    Restrictions on usage:

    (Any restrictions on where the media type can be used go here.)

----

An incomplete e-forms container structure:
- mimetype - e-form mimetype
- META-INF/manifest.xml - references and paths of all of the content
in the container
- meta.xml - e-form identification, version, name, short description
and other metadata
- schema.xsd - XML Schema for the data.xml
- data.xml - optional - user data filled in the e-form
- Content/ - presentation schema and transformation schema of the data
(primarily XSLT file)
- Presentation/ - optional - a presentation containing the data filled
by an user (a result of the XSLT transformation of data.xml)
- Thumbnails/ - e-form thumbnail
- attachments.xml - optional - list of attachments
- Attachments/ - optional - attachments listed in attachments.xml
- settings.xml - optional - application settings

---

Thank you for any help

Stefan Szilva
Viglasska 7