Re: [MEXT] GRE support in DSMIPv6 - AD review

Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com> Mon, 19 January 2009 18:44 UTC

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:42:46 -0600
From: Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>
To: Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>, Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya@ieee.org>
Cc: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] GRE support in DSMIPv6 - AD review
Sender: mext-bounces@ietf.org

I still fail to really understand why GRE encapsulation is needed for host
based mobility (DSMIP6).
The only argument below is that it provides "richer semantics than
IPv6-in-IPv6". Can you provide an explicit example of how the richer
semantics are useful vs the IP-in-IP encapsulation for DSMIP6?

Cheers,
-Raj