Re: [netconf] leafrefed data item in YANG Push

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Sat, 14 December 2019 14:41 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "Sterne, Jason (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <jason.sterne@nokia.com>, "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 14:41:39 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.134.31.203]
Subject: Re: [netconf] leafrefed data item in YANG Push

Thanks Jason for clarification, 2 leafs associated with each other via leafref can be defined in the same module, can be defined in two separate modules (see example module below),
I am wondering whether these two cases are treated by the server in the same way.
RFC8639 provides a dependency parameter to describe the relationship between two subscriptions, I am wondering whether this dependency parameter is designed to address
the case where two leafs are associated with each other via leafref in two different modules. Take the below modules as an example,
We may have two subscriptions, one subscription A  is used to subscribed to leaf aa in module foo, the other subscription  B is used to subscribed to leaf cc and bb in module bar. So  the subscription A
will use dependency parameter to indicate leaf bb is associated with leaf aa in subscription B, right?

If the answer is no, what is the real case for dependency parameter defined in RFC8639?

-Qin