[netmod] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-18: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Suresh Krishnan <suresh@kaloom.com> Wed, 07 March 2018 04:44 UTC

From: Suresh Krishnan <suresh@kaloom.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis@ietf.org, netmod-chairs@ietf.org, kwatsen@juniper.net, netmod@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:44:01 -0800
Subject: [netmod] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-18: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-18: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis/

DISCUSS:

* Section 4.25

I think this might be a simple misunderstanding but I have no idea what
compliance with this statement implies.

"A YANG module MUST NOT be designed such that the set of modules found on a
server implementation can be predetermined in advance."

Can you please clarify?

COMMENT:

Section 3.2:
  The date looks to be contradictory between the explanatory text

"The following example is for the '2010-01-18' revision of the  'ietf-foo'
module:"

and the actual code component defined right after

                   <CODE BEGINS> file "ietf-foo@2016-03-20.yang"
                                 revision 2016-03-20 {

* Section 4.8

I went over this text several times to figure out what it means. Can you
simplify this, or provide examples as to when revision dates are/are not to be
updated.

   It is not required to keep the full revision history of draft
   versions (e.g., modules contained within Internet-Drafts).  That is,
   within a sequence of draft versions, only the most recent revision
   need be recorded in the module.  However, whenever a new (i.e.
   changed) version is made available (e.g., via a new version of an
   Internet-Draft), the revision date of that new version MUST be
   updated to a date later than that of the previous version.

* Section 4.14.1.  Non-Presence Container

So what is the guideline here? That there is no guideline?

* Section 4.20

What does "cannot" imply here? MUST NOT? SHOULD NOT?

"The YANG "deviation" statement cannot appear in IETF YANG modules"